Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dollar Easter Cards

Hello Crafters!

I finished my Easter Cards and I wanted to share them with you. OK, so a while back I was shopping at a craft store, you know one of those that has dollar bins. I never go to a store without checking to see if they have dollar bins. Anyway, I came across these already packaged Easter Cards. They had two different styles so of course I bought both. $1 a package for 8 cards a package with envelopes. For a total of 16 cards for $2. How could I pass that up? That came out to $.13 per card. AWESOME!!! (Side note: I am a numbers girl. I always do the numbers on everything. I have a background in Economics, can you blame me? Although it may be a little of OCD, just kidding or am I)? Anyway, I bought the cards and jazzed them up and this is how they turned out. Aren't they the cutest???





I ran both cards through my Big Shot with an embossing folder then I punched a scalloped circle with my Scallop Circle Punch using Chocolate Chip Cardstock. I then stamped 'Happy Easter" using my Stampin' Up! stamp set Well Scripted. I stamped it on Whisper White Cardstock. I also used the 1 1/2 inch circle from the Circle #2 Die for the stamped sentiment. I also used a pop dot on the scallop circle to give the card dimension.

So my tip for all you crafters out there is never pass up a trip to the dollar bins. You never know what you will find. And ....get your creative juices flowing. If you see something at the dollar bins think of how you could jazz it up with your own crafting supplies at home and them make it your own.

Happy Easter!
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment